Monday, November 05, 2007

Writing

my etsy store has been lacking lately in its attention because i have been using all of my creative energy on writing. it's a story i've been working on for a long time and since the day i picked up my typewriter and wrote the first page it has been running out of me like a river. i'm so excited by it, it feels so good to finally get this story that has been nearly festering inside me out onto the paper.

and i think i have finally figured out the key to writing - at least for me. yesterday a character revealed something i had not realized about another character - about the story itself, i was quite startled. i realized that i don't need to know everything that happens in the future for them to get them to where they need to be. just glimpses - like a psychic. Then with my pen i lead them through the quest to get to those glimpses. I know no more than they do about what is to come, but i know who they are and can lead them there accordingly. I am their guide, just as much part of the quest as they.

and something pops to mind that encompasses it all - a mantra handed down from my aunt long put aside. i think i shall revive it:

Keep at it!! (all of it) There is a spooky method to all the madness!

No comments: