Monday, January 28, 2008

Wonderful Book Ends

I love making book ends. Maybe its because i'm such a sucker for books so everything that has to do with them rocks my socks.
The original book ends i made were really awesome. They sold a couple months ago in my Etsy shop and it was one of those items i was sorry to see go. The day before they sold i had even put them out on a bookshelf of my own so i could take advantage of their end-ness and keep my darktower series from falling off the top of the bookshelf.





The flowers were made from broken pottery, but my newest book ends were made from a thinner glass used for mosaic and making suncatchers. I had bought the black gray and white glass to make a ninja plate much like my Flamingo plate, but never liked it once i started.

I'm moving at the end of march and trying to get rid of as many of my supplies as possible because it's hard enough moving all the books, not to mention all the crap i use to craft with. I decided to use the black, white and gray glass to make some book ends. I had no real plan when i started, and that was fine.



They turned out beautifully, and they have taken the place of the fairy statue and HD anntenna that i had been using to keep my gunslinger books standing, at least until they sell and i have to replace them.

1 comment:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

wow, they are gorgeous..have never seen anything like those!