Sunday, December 10, 2006

Why Quitting School Wasn't So Bad

so i did quit school. and it did feel good, but also bad because i just feel like a failure.

but then yesterday i was at work and one of the operators asked me for something and while i was writing stuff down for her she asked me how school was going. i had told her some of the stuff and she knew that certian teachers were being certian body parts that really shouldn't be named.

so i said to her, in a kind of sheepish voice, "i kind of quit"

and she says "GOOD FOR YOU!!"

she really does talk in all caps. and u should hear her laugh. man oh man. that lady's crazy, and i can make her laugh for almost no reason at all.

anyway, she knew how hard it's been on me and i know she realizes that dropping out of school is not such a good thing but she also knew and recognized the fact that i don't need to put myself through that and congratulated me on the fact that i figured that out for myself.

and i was thinking about it today and i realized that i am not the type of person who gains experience and positions in jobs by going to school, i gain it by working and learning everything i can by working in that field and being promoted because i am so damn good at the job. this almost caused me to apply for a supervisor postion here at relay, but at this time there is a particular supervisor that i would not want to work with on a daily basis, and would rather only work with him one day a week. and i don't want to have to do his stuff and hear him bad mouth me because i never do anything for him. this is how he is. maybe when he leaves i'll apply, but for right now i'm taking it easy.

my days off are filled with chores and video games and television. that feels good to not have to stress myself out and go crazy trying to complete assignments that i may or may not get passing grades on and it has no connection with how hard i work on the assignment. i mean hello?? i used to get better grades when i did my assignments drunk.

that don't make no sense.

No comments: